For the past three years, PESCaDO has conducted research on delivery of personalized multilingual environmental information from the web. In the context of this research, cutting edge technologies have been developed in a number of thematic areas including:
• discovery of environmental data nodes in the web
• extraction of environmental data from web pages and, in particular, from environmental images
• validation and fusion of environmental data
• decision support-oriented reasoning over semantic representations of environmental data, environmental background knowledge and user profiles and needs
• user-tailored multilingual report generation
• visualization of environmental information to users. These technologies have been integrated in a service-based architecture of an operational software platform.
This final event of the project will present the main achievements within the individual
areas and demonstrate the PESCaDO platform and its components. It will also feature
two invited talks by renowned experts in the area of environmental information: Dr.
Werner Pillmann of the International Society for Environmental Protection, Vienna and
Prof. Kostas Karatzas of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and a Round Table on
the future of personalized environmental information.